The New Testament : an introduction to Biblical scholarship / Arthur J. Bellinzoni.
Bellinzoni, Arthur J. (författare)
- ISBN 1498235131
- Publicerad: Eugene, Oregon : Wipf And Stock Pub, cop. 2016
- Publicerad: Eugene, Oregon : Wipf And Stock Pub, .
- Copyright: ©2016
- Engelska xviii, 470 pages
- Introduction -- Textual criticism -- Literary criticism and philology -- Source criticism -- The apostolic preaching and its developments -- The crucifixion of Jesus and the passion narrative -- Form criticism -- Redaction criticism -- Jesus of Nazareth: the eschatological prophet -- Jesus of Nazareth: the teacher of wisdom -- The early Christian church -- Paul: the man, the mission and the message -- Early Christian gospels, part 1 -- Early Christian gospels, part 2 -- Post apostolic Christianities -- The Revelation of John -- The canon of the New Testament.
- Bellinzoni invites the reader to understand how biblical scholars employ the historical method to understand better who Jesus of Nazareth really was and how and why oral and then written tradition about Jesus developed into the New Testament. Instead of simply summarizing the results of biblical scholarship, Bellinzoni discusses the rules of evidence and the tools of the historical method that scholars use. He then approaches the text of the New Testament by leading the reader step by step through relevant biblical texts in order to illustrate some of the tools of New Testament study and how these tools work: textual criticism, literary criticism and philology, source criticism, form criticism, redaction criticism, etc. This volume doesn't just describe the conclusions of biblical scholarship; it invites the reader to actually do biblical scholarship and thereby draw the best possible conclusions about what happened, when, and why. This volume is not limited to the twenty-seven books of the New Testament, but discusses relevant extra-canonical early Christian literature, which is critical to an understanding of the history of the early church and the development of the New Testament canon.
- Kyrkohistoria (sao)
- Hermeneutik (sao)
- Hermeneutics. (fast)
- Church history - Primitive and early church.
- Bible. New Testament - Hermeneutics.
- Bible. New Testament.
- Canon (Literature) - History.
- Bible. New Testament - Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Hermeneutics (LCSH)
- Church history (LCSH)
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. New Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. New Testament -- Hermeneutics.
- Bible. New Testament.
- Bibeln. Nya Testamentet
- BS2350 (LCC)
- 225.601 (DDC)
- Ccb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit